[Paraview] Customising ParaView GUI filter

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 10:16:52 EST 2010

Dear All,

I've been testing the flexibility within ParaView for creating GUI
interfaces to filters, without having to custom develop them using Qt
designer. One of the items I'm failing to recreate is the table of Offset
Values that you get, for example, with the Contour and Slice filters. All
that appears is a slide widget like what you get with a Threshold filter.
The rest of the GUI is ok and the filter works as it should. Has anyone
tried this before and know where I'm going wrong? The code I am using is
taken from 'Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml':

     <DoubleVectorProperty
        name="ContourValues"
        command="SetValue"
        repeat_command="1"
        set_number_command="SetNumberOfContours"
        number_of_elements_per_command="1"
        use_index="1"
        animateable="1"
        label="Slice Offset Values">
          <BoundsDomain name="bounds" mode="magnitude">
            <RequiredProperties>
              <Property name="Input" function="Input"/>
            </RequiredProperties>
          </BoundsDomain>
          <Documentation>
            The values in this property specify a list of current offset
values. This can be used to create multiple slices with different centers.
Each entry represents a new slice with its center shifted by the offset
value.
          </Documentation>
     </DoubleVectorProperty>
     <Hints>
       <Visibility replace_input="2" />
     </Hints>
   <!-- End Cut -->
   </SourceProxy>

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Cheers,
Adriano

===================================

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
Project Scientist
Computational Aerodynamics
Aircraft Research Association Ltd.
Manton Lane
Bedford

Tel: 01234 32 4644
E-mail: agagliardi at ara.co.uk

This email contains information that is private and confidential and is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify us immediately by e-mailing the sender.
Note: All email sent to or from this address may be accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd.  Registered in England, Registration No 503668 Registered Office: Manton Lane, Bedford MK41 7PF England VAT No GB 196351245