[Paraview] screenshot artifacts

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Feb 1 04:44:11 EST 2010

On 01/31/2010 02:14 PM, David Doria wrote:
> Sometimes when I use "Save Screenshot", there are lines in the image.
> You can see here:
> http://rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/combined.jpg
>
> that there is a vertical and a horizontal line. Is this rendered as
> multiple images and there is a problem with stitching it into a single
> image?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

These have been discussed before, and I believe there was at least a
partial solution proposed.

As I recall, there are two related issues, volume rendering in parallel,
and when saving a screen shot that is larger than the regular render
window. In both cases empty lines appear at the edges of the sub-volume
that was volume rendered as part of the larger image.

When I get  to the lab today I'll search my e-mail archive for these
threads... Pester me if I don't get back to you.