[Paraview] Problem -> How to display informations in a plugin GUI ?

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 15 04:12:20 EST 2010

Hi,

I develop a plugin that and in its corresponding xml file, I have a
doubleVectorProperty in which I would like to write the result of my filter and
I don't want to make it editable.
So, I am looking for some examples of doing this beacause I really don't know
how to do this and that make a while I want to make it. I have found nothing
about this in the Paraview Guide book.

Here's what I have written in the plugin xml file:

<DoubleVectorProperty
        name="GetResult"
        command="GetResult"
        information_only="1">
        <SimpleDoubleInformationHelper/>
    </DoubleVectorProperty>

    <DoubleVectorProperty
       name="Result"
       command="SetResult
       number_of_elements="1"
       default_values="0.0"
       information_property="GetResult">
    </DoubleVectorProperty>

and the code in the source is:
double GetResult()
{
    return m_result;
}

void SetResult(double value)
{
    m_result = value;
}

Then, in my code, when I would like to update this lineedit in the plugin GUI I
call SetResult(myResult). But nothing happen and the lineedit in the plugin GUI
is editable (which I don't want).

Thank you for your advise.