[Paraview] VTK File Format Question

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Dec 13 15:31:26 EST 2010

What you need is to volume render cell data instead of point data.
Unfortunately, ParaView does not support volume rendering of cell data in
images. However, it supports volume rendering of cell data in unstructured
grids. Try this:

- Create a STRUCTURED_POINTS with cell data
- Load it
- Apply Clean to Grid
- Volume render

I wouldn't recommend doing this if your volumes are going to become large.

-berk