[Paraview] Animate over files named by date & time?

Peter Schmitt pschmittml at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:33:32 EST 2010

Hi,

I followed this documentation to generate animations of data read in via my
custom plugin reader:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series

I can now animate over files named foo1.hdf, foo2.hdf, ..., fooN.hdf.
 However, many of our data files are named by date and time
(Year-Month-Day-Hour-Minute-Second).  ParaView's FileSeriesReaderProxy
doesn't seem to recognize the following files as an animatable data set:
foo_1995-03-21T00-00-00.hdf
foo_1995-03-21T01-00-00.hdf
foo_1995-03-21T23-00-00.hdf
foo_1995-03-22T00-00-00.hdf
... etc.

Can you suggest a way to extend Paraview/FileSeriesReaderProxy to step
through files by date & time rather than by integers in a filename?

Thanks,
Pete