[Paraview] manta question

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Aug 25 11:17:04 EDT 2010

Yep that is to be expected.

ParaView needs a GL renderer for the annotation layer (manta doesn't
do text for example), but the vtkMantaRenderer can not (so far) share
a vtkRenderWindow with a GLRenderer. For this reason we have to do the
manta rendering on the server and deliver the pixels to the client.
Until we upgrade vtkManta's architecture, you can only work around the
problem by doing things like setting up the server do pure offscreen
rendering.

The few docs that exist are all online. See the Manta web page, the code and
http://www.kitware.com/products/html/RenderedRealismAtNearlyRealTimeRates.html
for example.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.