[Paraview] Paraview's HDF5 upgraded to 1.8.5

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Wed Aug 25 10:36:07 EDT 2010

Ahh, I don't think I was ever able to build 32bit+64bit universal because of
hdf5 build errors even with version 1.6. I thought you meant you were
building ppc;i386 and that was crashing. Testing out a ppc;i386 binary right
now seems to work fine.

There are new CMake feature in CheckTypeSize that "should" let you build
32bit+64bit binaries. It will produce #ifdef <arch> #else pragmas in your
configured header to define both sets of type sizes. I am guessing you guys
are now using that in svn HDF5?