[Paraview] Paraview's HDF5 upgraded to 1.8.5

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Mon Aug 23 10:53:53 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Late last week we updated ParaView's hdf5 from 1.6.2 to 1.8.5. In addition
to the traditional C library we have also brought in the C++ version of the
library (hdf5_cpp). The high level versions of the library are also
available (hdf5_hl & hdf5_hl_cpp). This should provide ParaView developers a
number of avenues to use the latest HDF5 in their readers/writes.

The HDF5 group has has started using CMake as a build system for HDF5. Using
the new build system John Biddiscombe and Brad King were able to create a
slimmed down version of HDF5 that just builds the core libraries and easily
integrates into ParaView. Many thanks to them for their efforts!

See here for the release notes for HDF5 1.8.x.

http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/ADGuide/WhatsNew180.html

 As always, we value feedback from the community. Feel free to report any
issues. In the mean time I will be monitoring the dashboards.

Thanks!