[Paraview] vtkParsePreprocess.c missing

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Aug 21 23:18:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:14 PM, pat marion <pat.marion at kitware.com>wrote:
>
>> Did you try git submodule update?  (Might need 'git submodule init' first)
>>
>> Pat
>>

> Thanks Pat, 'git submodule update' did the trick. I added a section to the
> wiki page:
>
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Git#Typical_Users_Workflow
>
> While it is nice to have all of the details, I think this should help
> people who just want to stay current with ParaView but don't care about
> learning git (and have no intention of editing/contributing code). Let me
> know if it seems reasonable (and correct!).

There was a lot more than was needed, so I updated it. Basically, the
initial clone creates the ParaView directory, initializes and then updates
the submodule. So only one command is required for initial checkout. To
update, you must first pull, and then update the submodules (the pull is
what may push the submodule forward).

I hope that makes things clearer. I agree that we need to provide very
brief, minimal instructions for people that just want to get up and running
as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Marcus
--