[Paraview] Point data on/in sphere - converting to structured grid

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:06:51 EDT 2010

Hello all

I have made a start with building the global mantle model. Because the data are referenced to the Sphere, it is not possible
to do the import of CSV using Table_to_Structured Grid and so I had to use Table_to_Points (see attached image).

The
 plot shows point data 50 depths 50-1600 km (final layers extend to 2800
 km). The spatial distribution of data is 1 x 1 degree, and each layer
increment is 50 km (eg 50, 100, 150 ... 2800) - data converted to X,Y,Z coordinates. As such it would seem
that one could describe the data as being a structured grid with a
curvilinear geometry.

Is there a way to convert or reformat the
data (in Paraview .pvd format) to a cell-based geometry given that one
has the values and coordinates of each "cell" from the point data?

I did have a quick try of Delauny3D but it crashed Paraview (3.8.0)

If there is a more efficient way of dealing with the CSV file that would be useful to know.

Thanks

Lester