[Paraview] Loading coastline / continent data

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 09:27:56 EDT 2010

Hello Jean

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfotunately I am working with the Windows version of Paraview (3.8.0).

Essentially what I am looking to do is overlay coastlines as line data over a sphere of seismic tomography data. I guess if one has
the x,y coordinates (z would simply be the radius plus a small amount) then it should be possible to load or draw line data?

Leading on from this is the obvious point of being able to draw longitude and latitude lines, but having the coastline gives the user a point of
reference geographically.

Perhaps we could have a way of loading GIS data e.g. Shapefiles with line/vector data?

Cheers

Lester