[Paraview] Centering data

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 6 12:21:42 EDT 2010

For the record, Andy's method is attempting to find the center of mass (assuming uniform density).  If you just need the center of the bounds, you can go to the information panel, average the bounds in each dimension, and then do a translate transform to move that point to the origin.

-Ken

On 8/6/10 9:21 AM, "David Doria" <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems weird.  What kind of data set do you have?  Is your data set
> already centered then?  I'd think there'd be some roundoff error so that it
> wouldn't be exactly 0 but a "very small number".  Do you have any
> cells/what's the area result under the cell data?

Sorry, I should have specified this earlier. The data is a point
cloud. Each point has a vertex cell. The data set is far from
centered. Maybe this is the problem - there is no "area"? Here is the
data set: http://rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/data.vtp

Thanks for your help,

David