[Paraview] ensight and parallel paraview

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Thu Aug 5 10:36:14 EDT 2010

  Hi all

  I'm writing my files using the Ensight Gold format. I've also created an
ensight .sos file because I split my domain in several files.

  Paraview version is 3.9.0, compiled from git

  When running pvserver in parallel (mpirun -np 2 etc) the domain division
that paraview uses is completly different from the partioned files.

  For instance, I have a 3D domain that is basicly a rectangular box. My
ensight files do the division like:

  +---+ +---+
  |   | |   |
  | 1 | | 2 |
  |   | |   |
  +---+ +---+

  When opening the .sos file in paraview, paraview splits my domain as:

  +---+ +---+
  | 1 | | 1 |
  +...+ +...+
  | 2 | | 2 |
  +---+ +---+

  Does it mean it isn't worthwile to split my ensight files?

  best reagards,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  Keep them Flying! Ajude a/help Aero Fénix!

  http://www.aeronauta.com/aero.fenix

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

                            < sent with alpine 2.00 >