[Paraview] reading .cube or .pdb File

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Apr 27 13:30:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Christian Wohlschlager <
Christian.Wohlschlager at jku.at> wrote:

>  Hy !
>
>  I *m using Paraview 3.8 but reading any kind of .cube file made from
> Gaussian 03 , crashes paraview also if i read a .pdb file there is nothing
> or just one line.
>
>  thank you
>
>  christian
>
> Hi,

I have worked with Gaussian, and cube files in the past. I have done some
work in ParaView using cube files too, and did not observe a crash unless
the cube file with gzipped. I am also not certain that support for cube
files with multiple MOs is present. As Robert said, if you can supply an
example cube file that causes a crash then we can look into it.

I worked on some of the code in Open Babel responsible for reading/writing
cube files too, and so am quite familiar with that and the PDB format. I
just tried with ParaView as built yesterday and can open PDB files too. A
wire frame representation is rendered after clicking on apply.

Thanks,

Marcus