[Paraview] Bug with PV_PLUGIN_DEBUG in Windows

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 27 07:30:03 EDT 2010

Hi!

I just wanted to confirm the presence of a bug that arises as soon as
you set the environment variable PV_PLUGIN_DIR in Windows. ( The bug is
that Paraview crashes ) I installed everything I need on yet another
fresh computer. This time it was:

Windows XP 64-Bit
Paraview 3.8RC1
CMake 2.8.1

Setup: Paraview with Shared-Libs, Qt-Support, Python
Compiler: Visual Studio 2008

The exact same behaviour (crash) is on an equivalent setup with Windows
7 32-Bit. The crash happens as soon as an arbitrary plugin (e.g. one of
the prelisted plugins) is loaded. On both systems everyting, starting
from QT was installed from scratch an no version of any involved
software pieces were ever installed before on these systems.

Best regards,
Christian