[Paraview] Git Pull from "release" branch causes Merge Conflicts?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Apr 26 13:14:23 EDT 2010

I just tried to pull from the "release" branch and got the following
errors:

532:[mjackson at Ferb:ParaView]$ git pull origin release
 From git://paraview.org/ParaView
  * branch            release    -> FETCH_HEAD
Auto-merging Applications/AdaptiveParaView/Plugin/
vtkRawStridedReader1.cxx
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Applications/AdaptiveParaView/
Plugin/vtkRawStridedReader1.cxx
Auto-merging Applications/AdaptiveParaView/Plugin/
vtkSMAdaptiveViewProxy.cxx
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Applications/AdaptiveParaView/
Plugin/vtkSMAdaptiveViewProxy.cxx
Auto-merging Plugins/CMakeLists.txt
Auto-merging Plugins/Manta/VTK/Testing/MantaBenchmark.cxx
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Plugins/Manta/VTK/Testing/
MantaBenchmark.cxx
Auto-merging Plugins/Manta/VTK/vtkMantaActor.cxx
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Plugins/Manta/VTK/
vtkMantaActor.cxx
Auto-merging Plugins/Manta/VTK/vtkMantaActor.h
Auto-merging Servers/Executables/CMakeLists.txt
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

I'll admit up front that I am still coming up the Git learning tree so
I may have done something stupid when checking out the sources..

  I also looked on the ParaView Wiki at the Git page but nothing was
there specific to working with the release branch.

Thanks for any pointers.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio