[Paraview] Which QT for 64-Bit Version for Windows

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Apr 23 10:37:42 EDT 2010

Along those lines here is what I use to build Qt>

configure -nomake demos -nomake examples -debug-and-release -shared -
fast -exceptions -stl -no-qt3-support

"nmake install" will do NOTHING on Windows. Build Qt where you want it
"installed", ie, build it in place. Install is NOT supported on
windows and neither is moving the installation (without a LOT of
hacking).

So here is a terse setup for building Qt 4.6.2 in Win7 X64 with Visual
Studio in 64 bit mode.

* Install CMake
* Install Visual Studio making sure to install the 64 bit tools
(Express Versions of Visual Studio do NOT support compiling a file
into a 64 bit file).
* Download Qt 4.6.x from Nokia in source form.
* Decompress the Qt download
* Move the Qt project folder to its "Final" installed location
* Reread the last line again.
* Open a Visual Studio x64 Command Prompt
* Reread that last line again.
* Change directories into the qt source folder
* Enter the configuration commands
-- If you want to shorten the build add -no-qtwebkit.
* Let Qt Configure
* Enter "nmake" to finish building Qt. Let that compile for 2 to 6 hours
* Download ParaView source Code
* Using the SAME "Visual Studio x64 Command Prompt" change directories
to the ParaView source directory
* Create a "x64" directory
* cd "x64"
* cmake-gui ../
* Use the CMake-GUI to generate Visual Studio 2008 x64 Solution
* After the ParaView solution is "Generated", open it from Windows
Explorer.
* Build ParaView.

Hope that helps.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio