[Paraview] Programmable Source & MultiBlockDataSet

Aurélien Marsan aur.marsan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:36:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

A new thing I don't know how to do with Paraview.
I have written a personnal reader, that creates vtkStructuredGrid from files
written in so called format "v3d". So I'm able to construct a
MutliBlockDataSet, that is composed of all the Blocks I'm working with.

I would like to use "Programmable Source", so we don't need to write the
file on the disk before to open it with Paraview.
Does "Programmable Source" work with MultiBlockDataSet ? I don't see this
class in the Output Data Set Type that we can choose...

And is it correct if I write in the Script of the Programmable Filter :

from perso import *
multiblock = MultiBlockDataSetFromV3D(.....)
self.GetOutput().DeepCopy(multiblock)

Thanks for help.

A.MARSAN