[Paraview] Problems with 'change_coords_only' in Ensight Gold dataset

Manuel González iinmgc00 at ucv.udc.es
Wed Apr 21 13:24:31 EDT 2010

I use Paraview to display datasets with changing geometry over time, but
constant connectivity.

The datasets are generated in Ensight Gold format by my own code.

I would like to reduce the dataset size by using the 'change_coords_only'
option in the Ensight Gold case file, so I can define the connectivity only
in the geometry file for the initial timestep.

But it seems that Paraview still requires the (non changing) connectivity in
the geometry file for each timestep even when 'change_coords_only' is
present, otherwise the number of cells is 0 except for the first time step.

Does anybody have a working example of 'change_coords_only' which only
provides the connectivity in the first timestep?

Best regards,
Manuel

Manuel J. González Castro
Universidad de A Coruña