[Paraview] Display given node IDs from Ensight Gold file

Manuel González iinmgc00 at ucv.udc.es
Tue Apr 20 13:04:40 EDT 2010

Zhanping:

I send attached a minimal Ensight Gold dataset in ASCII format:

- case file.
- geometry file.

- snapshot of the result I get.
- state file after capturing the snapshot.

As you can see in the snapshot, the problem is that Paraview displays "0"
and "1" as node labels, instead of the original node IDs given in the
geometry file ("13" and "22").

This can be a problem for Ensight multi-part datasets where node IDs are
given to avoid duplicated IDs (for example: part1 has node IDs from 1 to
100, part2 from 101 to 200, ...).

Thanks
Manuel Gonzalez

Zhanping Liu wrote:
> Hi Manuel:
>
>     It works fine on my side (CVS head + WinXP + VS90) with a sample
> dataset (see the attached snapshot). Can you send me your dataset (if
> possible the state file)?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     -Zhanping
>

> 2010/4/20 Manuel González <iinmgc00 at ucv.udc.es>
>
> No, the only option available in the Label Mode drop menu is "Point
> IDs"
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> BTW: I am using Paraview 3.8.0-RC1 64 bits for Windows.
>
> Manuel Gonzalez
>

> David E DeMarle wrote:
>> You can choose from any of the arrays in the data to make
>> selection labels, ParaView uses the vtk index by default. Is
>> the ensight node ID array not available under the Label Mode drop
>> down menu?
>>
>> David E DeMarle
>> Kitware, Inc.
>> R&D Engineer
>> 28 Corporate Drive
>> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
>> Phone: 518-371-3971 x109
>>

>> 2010/4/20 Manuel González <iinmgc00 at ucv.udc.es>:
>>> I would like to display the given node IDs in an Ensight Gold
>>> geometry file.
>>>
>>> I tried it with the Selection Inspector ( > Display Style > Point
>>> Label: visible (Label mode = "Point IDs"), but then Paraview
>>> displays numbers starting from 0, not the numbers given as node IDs
>>> in the geometry file.
>>>
>>> For example, in the following Ensight Gold case, I would like to
>>> display 13 and 22 (the given node IDs), but Paraview displays 0 and
>>> 1:
>>>
>>> ---- START OF FILE: example.case ----
>>> #
>>>
>>> FORMAT