[Paraview] Use existing texture map for 3D surface

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:09:02 EDT 2010

Hey Olumide,

If you're writing your data yourself and you already have texture coordinates calculated, then you shouldn't have to use my script at all -- you can just write the texture coordinates into your file and they will be loaded and ready to use when you open your vtp file. The script was useful in the case where someone was loading their data as comma-separated values and so the texture coordinate vector components were being seen by PV as individual scalar attribute arrays.

If you make that sphere in PV and run the Texture Map to Sphere filter, you can Save Data from PV and look at both the vtp and vtk format outputs. Texture coordinates will show up as two-component Point Data vectors in both formats, and there is an indicator that this vector, whatever you name it, is being used as the "official" texture coordinates for that polydata.

So, write your TCoords out properly in your files, forget the script, and enjoy! :)

Talk to you later,
-Eric