[Paraview] PV 3.8 RC1 + Cmake 2.8.1 failing?

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Tue Apr 20 03:50:17 EDT 2010

Hi Sven,

Sven Buijssen wrote:
> (off the list for the moment while discussing some technical details)

[taking back to the list]
> I managed to compile PV 3.8 RC1
> (http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.8/ParaView-3.8.0-RC1.tar.gz) on a
> 32bit openSuSE 11.1 system, with any of cmake 2.6.4, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.
> Here's my recipe:
>
> [...]
>
> % make -j 16

Ouch, just for fun I tried to use make -j 2 instead of a single process
make and the problem went away, i.e. the compile succeeded. That's not
very good...
Out of interest, do you always build multi-process? I'm on a dual-core
machine and when building in the background make -j N isn't very
attractive.

I think I now also got some extra help-related messages I didn't see
before, so it seems the multi-process build triggers the building of
extra stuff, which solves my build problems.

[ 33%] Built target vtkGenericFiltering
Building up file structure...
[ 36%] Built target vtkRendering
[ 52%] Built target vtkHybrid
Insert custom filters...
Insert help data for filter section (1 of 1)...
Insert files...
[ 52%] Built target GraphicsCxxTests
Insert contents...
[ 52%] Built target HybridCxxTests