[Paraview] Use existing texture map for 3D surface

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Mon Apr 19 15:14:40 EDT 2010

Eric,

I too am interested in texture mapping a 3d mesh object (having texture
coordinates). How to I use the script you provided?

In addition, I know the mesh can be in PVD format, but how do I specify
the texture coordinates as well as the texture?

Thanks,

- Olumide

# SCRIPT ....
# =============
pdi = self.GetPolyDataInput()
pdo = self.GetPolyDataOutput()

numPts = pdi.GetPoints().GetNumberOfPoints()
Uarray = pdi.GetPointData().GetArray('U')
Varray = pdi.GetPointData().GetArray('V')

tc = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
tc.SetNumberOfComponents(2)
tc.SetNumberOfTuples(numPts)
tc.SetName('TCoords')

for ii in range(numPts):
   Uval = Uarray.GetTuple1(ii)
   Vval = Varray.GetTuple1(ii)
   tc.SetTuple2(ii,Uval,Vval)

pdo.ShallowCopy(pdi)
pdo.GetPointData().AddArray(tc)
pdo.GetPointData().SetActiveTCoords('TCoords')