[Paraview] Viewing an Image Stack?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Sun Apr 18 21:44:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

This is hopefully a silly question...

Is is possible to point ParaView to a tiff directory and volume render a
contained image stack?

I have a directory with images named vol2-0001...vol2-0882.tiff. When I open
the directory ParaView "seems" to want to load them all by the wildcard name
"vol2-..tif" and once loaded it gives me the option to switch to "Volume".
However the Object Inspector is only showing vol2-0001.tiff and I am only
seeing one slice.

I have viewing working via ImageJ (i.e. converting the images to a raw
stack) however as the data sets get bigger the ImageJ conversion becomes a
painfull step. It seem logical to me that ParaView should be able to do it
but I can't work it out (I'm on the 3.8 RC).

Cheers,

Paul
---
www.internetscooter.com