[Paraview] ProxyProperty and homonyms

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 16:13:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

One of my filters has a member that is a vtkPolyDataAlgorithm. The user has
to set it to a specific smoothing filter, eg. vtkPolyDataSmoothingFilter.
The member is called "RegularizationFilter" in my VTK class. Thus the
ServerManager XML contains the following property:

        <ProxyProperty name="RegularizationFilter"
                       command="SetRegularizationFilter">
           <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">
              <Proxy group="filters" name="SmoothPolyDataFilter"/>
           </ProxyListDomain>
        </ProxyProperty>

In ParaView, I can get the filter working, with a combobox proposing the
Smooth filter and its properties in a frame below. Problem is that Smooth
has a "NumberOfIterations" property, and my filter has too! When I change
the NumberOfIterations in the smooth filter, the homonym changes as well...

How can I set both NumberOfIterations independent? Thanks for your
suggestions!

Please find attached the XML describing my filter.

Best regards,
Jerome