[Paraview] Compile Error on Fresh ParaView-3-8 checkout on OS X

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Apr 9 13:06:32 EDT 2010

Checkout/updated from CVS this afternoon and a fresh configure and
compile I get the following error on OS X 10.5.8:

[ 23%] Generating vtkSocketCommunicatorHash.h
dyld: Library not loaded: libvtksys.pv3.8.dylib
   Referenced from: /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/Build/VTK/
Parallel/../../bin/vtkHashSource
   Reason: image not found
/bin/sh: line 1: 19254 Trace/BPT trap          ../../bin/
vtkHashSource /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Parallel/
vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx vtkSocketCommunicatorHash
vtkSocketCommunicatorHash.h
make[2]: *** [VTK/Parallel/vtkSocketCommunicatorHash.h] Error 133
make[1]: *** [VTK/Parallel/CMakeFiles/vtkParallel.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The issue is that the libraries do not have a full install_name on
them which forces me to remember to "export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/
bin" from the build folder. Can this be added to the CMake custom
command for OS X? I seem to hit this error every time I do a fresh
configure.

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio