[Paraview] running paraview from deb package

Cecile Forella cecile.forella at imag.fr
Thu Apr 8 08:38:02 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to run paraview from deb package and when I run it, the
window opens then vanishes and  I've got the following error :

ERROR: In
/home/forella/Debian/build-area/paraview-3.6.2/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 405
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x25427f0): Could not find a decent visual

ERROR: In
/home/forella/Debian/build-area/paraview-3.6.2/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 405
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x25427f0): Could not find a decent visual

X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Extension:    158 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x23
ERROR: In
/home/forella/Debian/build-area/paraview-3.6.2/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 632
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x25427f0): Cannot create GLX context.  Aborting.

What's the problem?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,