[Paraview] Fetching Data via Script and Interactively

Matthew Cragun mcragun at totalsim.us
Tue Apr 6 16:27:23 EDT 2010

Another interesting anomaly.  If I use the shell and run the script once, so
I have a pipeline of three objects, I get zeros.  If I then run it again
immediately  so I have a second pipeline of the same three objects, it then
outputs correctly.

Matt

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Matthew Cragun <mcragun at totalsim.us> wrote:

> Pat,
> Thanks for the reply.  I tried giving an UpdatePipeline() call, but seemed
> to be the same result.
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Matt
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:07 PM, pat marion <pat.marion at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Try calling avgData.UpdatePipeline().  The filters are not actually
>> executed until there is demand.  Usually a call to Render() causes this
>> demand, but for IntegrateVariables there is nothing to render.  Not sure if
>> Fetch is supposed to automatically called UpdatePipeline or not.
>>
>> Pat
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Matthew Cragun <mcragun at totalsim.us>wrote:
>>

>>> I have a bit of code where I read in a data file, extract a small portion
>>> of it and then integrate the variables of the extracted portion.  In my
>>> python code I then fetch the data from the server with the intent to write
>>> it out to a log file.  The issue that I have come across is when I run my
>>> script in the Python Shell it gives me <0,0,0> for my tuple.  Then if I
>>> repeat the final four lines interactively in the Python Shell starting with
>>> the fetch command I get a proper result of <0.14, 0.5, 0>.  Any ideas why I
>>> can't fetch the data properly in the script but can right after in
>>> interactively?
>>>
>>> The script looks like:
>>>
>>> #**********************************************************8
>>> #Do X-direction
>>> xscale = 1.0
>>> yscale = 1.0/(2*ymax)
>>> zscale = 1.0/zmax
>>>
>>> print "load Fluid"
>>> fluid = XMLPolyDataReader(FileName=xSlice)
>>> fluid.PointArrayStatus = ['U', 'p']
>>> RenderView1 = GetRenderView()
>>> DataRepresentation1 = Show()
>>>
>>> print "extract Block"
>>> fluidBlock = ExtractCellsByRegion(Input = fluid, IntersectWith = "Box")
>>> fluidBlock.IntersectWith.Scale = [xscale, yscale, zscale]
>>> DataRepresentation2 = Show()
>>>
>>> print "integrate"
>>> avgData = IntegrateVariables(Input = fluidBlock)
>>> DataRepresentation3 = Show()
>>> Render()
>>>
>>> data = servermanager.Fetch(avgData,0)
>>> pointData = data.GetPointData()
>>> avgVar = pointData.GetArray(0).GetTuple3(0)

--
Matt Cragun

Engineer
TotalSim LLC