[Paraview] Problems in Compiling and Distributing Plugin

Rafael Castaneda ramacaneto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:00:54 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm experiencing weird behaviour when trying to compile a plugin that works
with ParaView 3.6.2 x86-32 distributed in the Website.

I've downloaded Qt-4.3.5 opensource and compiled it, downloaded ParaView's
3.6.2 sourcecode and compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 9.0.30729.1
- SP1, in Release mode. Compiled my plugin with the same compiler, also in
Release Mode, and generated the dll without problems. So, I load it with
ParaView and apply my filter to my Unstructured Grid. Then, I get some
"random" crashes, when I click in some Qt widgets in my Object Panel. I say
random because sometimes the Qt widgets work and sometimes don't. At all, an
totally unstable behaviour is obtained.

So, I compiled ParaView, same version, in debug mode to debug the crashes,
but everything run just fine in ParaView debug ! I tryied the same procedure
in other machines, and exactly the same happens in the release mode. Also,
the same happens in x64 environment. It used to work fine with ParaView
3.4.0, but with 3.6.2 just in debug mode.

What might be happening ?

Thanks in advance,
Rafael Neto.