[Paraview] How to interpret timer log

chew ping lcp81um at msn.com
Wed Sep 30 07:11:05 EDT 2009

Dear Ken,

thanks for the reply. i have one more question to ask.
in the timer log, the first 3 lines:

Local Process

Still Render, 3.029 seconds

Execute vtkMPIMoveData id: 457, 1.98248 seconds

does these mean that, at the client's end, it took 3.029 seconds to renders the geometry send back from process 0?
what does still render means? how about the third line? after still render, why does the MPI need to move data? which data? to where?

i tried running the same data using np1 until np10, and i get the following reading for still render, the
rest of the readings are quite consistent, which makes me wonder why
the time (still render) decrease initially but increase eventually? shouldn't it
become much faster when more nodes are used? all my server nodes are identical to each other (intel core 2 duo, 2.66 GHz)

			number of process used
			still render (seconds)

			np1
			7.16043