[Paraview] IntegrateAttributes gives different results when run in parallel?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Sep 29 10:24:46 EDT 2009

I could not find any test for IntegrateAttributes, and I am questioning
the output generated when run in parallel, on a 2D surface mesh.
Although the area computed is equal to the area computed by the serial
builtin paraview, some other variables (but not all) show large
differences in integrated values. The results depend on the number of
processors used as well.

I have tested with some physical data which we have validated and the
serial integrations are correct. The parallel runs are not.

I have also tested with some simple Wavelet data, and by using a D3
before the integration filter, insuring that cells were assigned uniquely.

My questions are: How are the results of IntegrateAttributes validated?
Is there a test somewhere? What about parallel runs?

Thanks for any tips.

Jean--
Swiss National Supercomputing Center