[Paraview] ParaView Digest, Vol 65, Issue 92

Christine Corbett Moran corbett at physik.uzh.ch
Mon Sep 28 12:17:40 EDT 2009

Hi Jean,

I had previously done this, as well as the test (for my test I set the
pixel size to 20, and I clearly see the large ones during interaction)
but when I run the timer log, the rendering always shows up as a local
process while if I do analysis (thresholding on a variable value for
example) it does show up in the Server section under each process.

*E.g. for some interactive rendering I get
Local Process
Interactive Render,  0.111477 seconds
Interactive Render,  0.094096 seconds
Still Render,  1.2302 seconds
Server, Process 0
Server, Process 1
Server, Process 2
Server, Process 3

While for a threshold I get
Local Process
Interactive Render,  0.111477 seconds
..
Still Render,  1.2302 seconds
Still Render,  0.116044 seconds
Server, Process 0
Execute vtkThreshold id: 2054,  1.04218 seconds
Execute vtkPVGeometryFilter id: 2087,  0.020597 seconds
Server, Process 1
Execute vtkThreshold id: 2054,  0.987578 seconds
Execute vtkPVGeometryFilter id: 2087,  0.020291 seconds

I do get server processes in the timer log but only when I first open the file:
Server, Process 0
Execute vtkTipsyReader id: 2664,  2.84199 seconds
Execute vtkPVGeometryFilter id: 2712,  0.062723 seconds

After that, during and after interaction I do not see server processes
appearing in the log. This made me think that after this point, the
rendering was done on the client. Is the timer log not behaving as I
expected?

Christine