[Paraview] Loading CTH Data

Rick Angelini angel at arl.army.mil
Fri Sep 25 13:04:21 EDT 2009

A couple of CTH-related questions/problems:

I have some spcth files from CTH Version 8.x that I'm trying to read
into Paraview 3.6.1.       The data has 5 Material Volume Fractions, but
when I use the extractCTHParts filter, it only picks up the first 2
volume fraction variables (I have all 5 variables loaded).    Do I have
to run the data through an additional filter prior to extracting the CTH
parts?

I have an additional dataset from CTH Version 9.x, and I am able to
extract all of the CTH parts as expected from all available material
volume fractions.   However, there are numerous "holes" in the results
that should not be there.   I have the threshold set to 0.5 in the
extractCTHPart filter, and have bumped it up to .9 and there are still
missing surfaces.     (I have verified that the data is correct by using
a different visualization package to view the dataset).

In both of these cases, I'm using Paraview in Client/Server mode, with
the backend running in parallel on a larger cluster.