[Paraview] Abort filter execution

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:46:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

The progress bar shows an "Abort" icon at its left. this icon is enabled
during AVI export of an animation. I wonder how I can enable during a filter
execution (ie. aborting a RequestData function).
- I added an observer in my vtk filter that listen to
vtkCommand::AbortCheckEvent.
- The associated callback function simply calls AbortExecuteOn( ) ((as it
derives from vtkAlgorithm).
- My RequestData function implements a test of AbortExecute value

Now, I just want to send the AbortEvent when I click on "Abort" in paraview
!

Thanks for your help !

Kind regards,
Jerome

ps: I voted for this suggestion on user voice, but maybe the feature already
exists?
http://paraview.uservoice.com/pages/11350-general/suggestions/295344-abort-filters-and-rendering-without-having-to-quit-paraview-bug-3925-