[Paraview] Displaying continuously updated data in realtime

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Tue Sep 22 23:11:54 EDT 2009

If you want to put something together really quickly and don't mind
writing some c++ code, you could modify pqMainWindowCore.cxx to create
an instance of QFileSystemWatcher.  Connect the
QFileSystemWatcher::fileChanged or
QFileSystemWatcher::directoryChanged signal to a slot that calls a
python script:

  this->Implementation->PythonManager.pythonShellDialog()->runScript("update_visualization.py");

Pat