[Paraview] error message

Stephens, Michael M ERDC-ITL-MS Michael.M.Stephens at usace.army.mil
Tue Sep 22 12:15:30 EDT 2009

karen,

here's a possibility.
i haven't done the math for your number of points/cells; but xml files have
an inherent size limit.
i've seen this error for appended vtk xml files (not ascii as yours are)

i believe it has to do with the size of the offsets.
it's a limitation of xml itself.

i've use vtkpython scripts on a 64 bit linux machine to write vtk xml files
that i can't read
with vtk or paraview. which is just wrong.

i've asked that the xml writers take a look at what's being written
and at least send a warning that the file violates this xml limit.
hasn't happened yet.

just a thought.

-m