[Paraview] Interpolating a slice by a regular grid and creating a resulting vtkImageData set

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Mon Sep 14 10:31:00 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have a 3D vector field, which I slice and then apply SurfaceVectors.
I would like to generate an ImageData set (regular grid with vectors as point data).
But I do not find the right tools:
  - I can reinterpolate the slice by a plane, but it yields a PolyDataSet, which is not a vtkImageData set,
  - I can create an ImageData set with the Data Object Generator and then reinterpolate the slice with it but unfortunately the Data Object Generator only creates basic 1x1x1 cubes, and can not be parameterized.
Any idea?