[Paraview] New view

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Sep 8 11:36:56 EDT 2009

You will have to create a new representation as well that places the
transform filter in the representation pipeline. Alternatively, you
can create a new representation strategy. The representations always
ask the view for a strategy. A strategy is a pipeline used to deliver
the data to the rendering nodes. However you can very easily create
new sub-strategies for the ones returned by the standard render-view
hierarchy and simply insert the transform filter at the start of the
strategy pipeline.

Ofcourse, though I use words like "simple", it's not that trivial :).
Creating new render-view based views/representations that work in all
configurations (client-server etc.) can be a daunting task. Look at
how 2Drenderview or comparative renderviews are created. They may
serve as a good reference.

Utkarsh