[Paraview] Object size in screenshots

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:21:39 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov> wrote:

> 1) When I set the glyph filter to sphere, it is placing spheres only at the
> 20 points on the "grid" in that file, not at the vertex where all the lines
> meet. There are 21 points in the file - so I would expect it to put a sphere
> at all 21 points. That is what I was trying to explain last time, it seems
> to be glyphing Vectors: Normals, not points. I can't change the "Vectors"
> drop down box to anything except "Normals", and the scalars drop down box is
> disabled. When I turned "Scale mode" to "off" as you recommended, the 21st
> sphere showed up - but doesn't it still seem odd that you have to set it to
> glyph normals even though you want to glyph points?
>
> Normals are just a field on the points.  The glyph filter can orient and
> scale glyphs by any normals.  As I stated before, you should turn off
> scaling.  You can also turn off orientation, although with spheres you
> shouldn’t notice anything different.
>

> 2) I guess I forgot to mention that the tube filter does not produce any
> output, in fact my render window is completely empty after applying the
> filter. So I guess I should not ignore the errors in this case haha!
>
> Hmm.  I’ve never seen that before.  The tube filter seems to be doing
> something special with normals, but I don’t know what.  Perhaps someone more
> familiar with the guts of the tube filter can comment.
>
> -Ken

1) Ah, I understand now. I guess it would make more sense to me if the
layout was more like this:
Scale mode: off/vector/scalar
Data to use: Normals/Your Data/Something else

But only data that makes sense in the selected scale mode is available.

Also - why is there no Shaft Length setting for the arrows?

2) ok, we'll see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

David