[Paraview] Ensight Reader: Invalid number of unstructured points read; check that ByteOrder is set correctly

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 3 14:40:41 EDT 2009

Zhanping, all:

I have gone forward with this problem today. Uncommenting all the checks
in vkEnSightGoldBinaryReader.cxx makes paraview reading the file without
any problem. I think the problem with the checks are related to a 64Bit
issue. It seems to me as this->FileSize is incorrect for this case. The
*.geo file uses 2.2GB of discspace and the function seem to report wrong
(negative?) filesize.
How can this 64Bit issue be solved? I have compiled paraview on a x86_64
machine as usual. Do I have to do something special for compiling with
64 Bit? Otherwise the file is read without problems it cannot be totally
wrong. What is the best was to debug/solve this problem? Thanks.

Regards BastiL