[Paraview] time and animation

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Wed Sep 2 12:18:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.
I have developed a small filter (ForceTime) that implements Utkarsh
suggestion, and filed a feature request with it (n° 9477).

Stephane

Stéphane Ploix
EDF R&D
1 avenue du Général de Gaulle
F-92141 Clamart Cedex
Phone : +33 (0)1 47 65 51 10
Email : stephane.ploix 'at' edf.fr

biddisco at cscs.ch
02/09/2009 17:28

stephane.ploix at edf.fr
cc
paraview at paraview.org
Objet
Re: [Paraview] time and animation

Stephane

Easy option 1: Save the object you want fix to a single separate file,
then reload it (with no time info), then evolve the others as usual.
The temporal Shift-Scale option ought to work too, but if the time request
goes to a non-existent time, some readers/suppliers don't handle it well.

Harder option : try above first, unless there is some reason why you
can't.

JB

Stephane PLOIX wrote:

Hi,

I am currently working on an animation, and I would like to play with
time.
In my animation, I would like one of the object to remain at a given time,
while the others are evolving, to serve as reference.
I tried to use the temporal shift scale, but setting the scale to 0
results in a segmentation fault, and I think I actually would need to set
it to infinity, which is not possible...
I also tried to check the "ignore time" combo on the pipeline browser pop
up, but I did not see any change.

Any hint?

Best