[Paraview] netCDF support in Paraview

Jonathan Vincent jonathan.k.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:58:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been trying to get netCDF support to work with paraview 3.6.1

There is a previous thread on the subject, which I find a bit confusing.

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-March/011585.html

Initially I tried to build as plugins, but cmake gave the warning that
plugins have been disabled, and shared libraries should be used when I
tryed that.

I downloaded the svn source given in the thread above
(https://svn.cscs.ch/vtkContrib/trunk/vtkCSCS/) then tried to build a
shared library adding
CSCSCommon;CSCSNetCDF to PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE.

This then fails to build with the error :

vtkMultiBlockUnstructuredSurface.cpp:41:32: error:
vtkModifiedBSPTree.h: No such file or directory

Any suggestions welcome

Jon