[Paraview] Auto-load plugin failed

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:45:50 EDT 2009

Hi Yumin,

Compiling my XML to expose VTK native filters produces a so/dll library that
can be autoloaded in ParaView. However, I would take advantage on the fact
that this XML may be shared to somebodyelse without the need to own
"ParaView from source". The wiki says: "Alternatively, we can simply load
the XML from the *Plugins Manager* (just select the file type to be *.xml in
the file open dialog)". I want this because of deployment issues see thread
"About on-line available binaries for next release" )

- What have I to add in the XML to give him the same behaviour than its
corresponding compiled library?

Furthermore, I thought that my Autostart plugin (called "PVCustomizer") was
unable to autoload because it depends on my ParaviewVTK XML plugin. But that
is not the case: Even if I load the native VTK filters description with the
compiled version, my PVCustomizer is loadable through the GUI, but it shows
the message "Loaded, but .....\PVCustomizer.dll, is not a server manager
plugin!" and no version is displayed although my CMakeLists contains the
following lines:

# AUTOSTART PLUGIN --------------------------------------------------
 QT4_WRAP_CPP(MOC_SRCS PVCustomizer.h)

# Macro for auto-start plugins. We specify the class name
# and the methods to call on startup and shutdown on an instance of that
class.
# It fills IFACES and IFACE_SRCS with proper values as needed by
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN macro.
 ADD_PARAVIEW_AUTO_START(IFACES IFACE_SRCS
   CLASS_NAME PVCustomizer # the class name for our class
   STARTUP onStartup   # specify the method to call on startup
   SHUTDOWN onShutdown # specify the method to call on shutdown
 )

# Create a plugin for this starter
 ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(PVCustomizer "1.0"
   REQUIRED_ON_CLIENT
   GUI_INTERFACES ${IFACES}
   SOURCES PVCustomizer.cxx ${MOC_SRCS} ${IFACE_SRCS}
   REQUIRED_PLUGINS ParaviewVTK)

 TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( PVCustomizer VesselExtractionVTK )

I checked "Autoload", having no effect when I restart ParaView...

I looked at the sources, but I cannot understand now why this message is
displayed. I will give a try with a step-by-step procedure.

Thanks a lot for your time, Yumin, and sorry for disturbing...

Best regards,
Jerome