[Paraview] Trouble making simple VTK filter plugin

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:38:22 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Jérôme <jerome.velut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took a look at your xml, and I didn't find any problems... So I verify in
> the VTK doc if you didn't misused the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform,
> that I never had to work with. Especially, I checked the input data types
> (that was one of my major crashes' cause!) and I found that this filter is
> not a vtkAlgorithm (in the OO sense). And I think, but ParaView developers
> have to confirm this, that the ParaView proxy -that's what you described in
> your XML- concept is linked to vtkAlgorithm.
>
> If I am right, you cannot use the "Enabling VTK filters in ParaView"
> wiki-way. In your case, you certainly will have to write a subclass of
> vtkAlgorithm that outputs a matrix of transformation.
>
> Sorry for not being of more helps...
>
> Jerome

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I need to use a
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter and set the input of this filter to the
output of the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform. Is this something
that can be chained together in paraview? Or do I need to make a VTK
filter that does all of this in one step and interface to the new
filter with Paraview?

Thanks,

David