[Paraview] Trouble making simple VTK filter plugin

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:59:22 EDT 2009

Hi David,
I have to expose a lot of native VTK filters that are not in ParaView. I
never had to use a CMakeLists and a _GUI XML. In my mind, your input
properties should be totally described in your ICP. xml file. For example on
how to write proxy property elements, you should take a look at
Paraview3/Servers/ServerManagers/Resources/filtering.xml. It was sufficient
for me for many VTK filters, before I bought for the Paraview book.

steps:
   - write your xml description of the wanted VTK filter
   - run ParaView
   - Tools -> Manage Plugin/Extension
   - "Load New"
   - choose "Files of type" -> *.xml
   - pick your file -> OK

Then your filter should appear in the filters list.

Hope that helps
Jerome

(Attached is an example of how I expose vtkImageMathematic to Paraview.)