[Paraview] does the server nodes need to connect to each other?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Oct 23 13:47:23 EDT 2009

The machines in paraview's server do need to talk to each other.

However, setting up MPI to allow this on a split domain cluster is
more of an MPI question than a ParaView question. I suspect you will
have more luck asking the question in an MPI forum using a hello world
mpi program to demonstrate it. It will also help if you provide
details about the version of MPI that you are using.

The only technical suggestion I have is to use ssh tunneling to set up
the bridge you are looking for. However that will be a severe
bottleneck as communications on the server will have to take an extra
hop.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer