[Paraview] Physical Boundary Condition ID in VTK Data structure

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Oct 13 11:12:42 EDT 2009

Check out the vtkAbstractDataArray class and it's derived types for storing
the information you want.  You can associate any of those arrays with your
data set through vtkFieldData, vtkPointData, or vtkCellData (probably the
one you want).

ParaView will allow you to color your surface mesh using either vtkPointData
arrays or vtkCellData arrays.  You can also look at those values in the
spreadsheet along with vtkFieldData arrays.