[Paraview] Dual-headed output from a single GPU?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Oct 12 09:37:03 EDT 2009

You shouldn't have to do anything special. I am not an OpenMPI expert
so I can't speak to the MPI configurations. When you run pvserver with
MPI, only the first node will listen to the server port. The others
should wait for the first node in an MPI receive call. The fact that
both servers are trying to listen to that port tells me that either
ParaView is not compile with MPI or there is something wrong with the
way you are using mpirun. To verify which one is the case, try mpirun
-np 2 ./pvserver. If they are both trying to grab port 11111, ParaView
is not compiled with MPI. Otherwise, something is wrong with the MPI
line you are using.

Best,
-berk