[Paraview] Plot multiple points over time

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:28:55 EDT 2009

Hello,

I saw in the old 3.4 release notes that "* Added support for plotting
multiple point/cell values over time.", but I think I might be
confused about what that means...

With CVS PV if I select multiple points (say, by Global ID) in my set
of unstructured points, and then do Plot Selection Over Time, I can
choose multiple "Line Series", or variables, to show simultaneously on
the same XY Plot, but each of the points from my data set shows up as
a separate checkable entry under the Root level within the Select
Block list, and I can't seem to select more than one "point" to plot
over time.

Am I misunderstanding the "plotting multiple point values over time"
statement, or is there a way to plot the attributes of multiple points
from my data set over time (so I could compare them on the same plot,
rather than having to switch back and forth between individual points)
that I'm not seeing?

Thanks for the help,
-Eric