[Paraview] Problems using Paraview 3.6.1 on a linux cluster

alfacentauri2 at inwind.it alfacentauri2 at inwind.it
Fri Oct 9 04:38:36 EDT 2009

> Hi Paolo,
>
> >> If you did a make install, did you compile with VTK_USE_RPATH ON or OFF?
> >
> > VTK_USE_RPATH = OFF (default, I believe)
> >
> >> This probably has something to do with not having rpath and not
> >> setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> >
> > How LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set? On each node?
>
> Try to extend LD_LIBRARY_PATH on each node (prior to invoking one of the
> paraview binaries) with
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/utente/ParaView/ParaView-bin/bin/pvserver:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now the percentage of passed test has increased from 8% to about 31%, but we still have other errors such as:

Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

and many segmentation fault, for instance:

81 - TestClipHyperOctree (SEGFAULT)

the log is:

81/475 Testing: TestClipHyperOctree
81/475 Test: TestClipHyperOctree
Command: "/home/utente/ParaView/ParaView-bin/bin/GraphicsCxxTests" "TestClipHyperOctree"
Directory: /home/utente/ParaView/ParaView-bin/VTK/Graphics/Testing/Cxx
"TestClipHyperOctree" start time: Oct 09 10:04 CEST
Output:
update source3d...
source updated3d
source3d time=0.0258 s
update clipper3d...
clipper3d updated
clipper3d time=0.817477 s
update surface3d...
surface3d updated
update source2d...
source updated2d
source2d time=0.000706196 s
update clipper2d...
clipper2d updated
clipper2d time=0.00412607 s
update surface2d...
surface2d updated
update source1d...
source updated1d
source1d time=0.000261068 s
update clipper1d...
clipper1d updated
clipper1d time=0.00228786 s
update surface1d...
surface1d updated
"TestClipHyperOctree" end time: Oct 09 10:04 CEST
"TestClipHyperOctree" time elapsed: 00:00:02

You can see the file in attach.

Also, we still have the problem when we use the pvserver on our cluster and connect from a client (we wrote you yesterday, on 8th October 2009)

We hope you'll help us.
Thank you very much again!